At the end of this course the Level 3 rope access technician shall:
- be capable of site supervision for rope access work projects;
- be conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation;
- be able to demonstrate all the skills and knowledge required of levels 1 and 2;
- have a comprehensive knowledge of advanced rescue techniques;
- hold an appropriate current first aid certificate, to show that suitable emergency first aid training has been undertaken;
- have knowledge of the IRATA certification scheme;
- have knowledge of the IRATA Training, Assessment and Certification Scheme;
- be familiar with the contents of the IRATA ICOP.
- Physically fit.
- IRATA form 014, Statement of medical condition will be done at Down South Access:
Candidates should be physically fit and unaffected by any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely. They shall ensure that they have an adequate level of fitness, are physically able to perform the tasks expected in terms of strength, agility and co-ordination, and are able to withstand the stresses of the working environment, such as heat, cold, and other inclement weather.
Candidates are required to certify that they do not have any medical disabilities or contraindications that may prevent them from working safely.
If a candidate has a contra-indicated condition which is controlled with medication, he/she shall obtain a signed doctor’s note to show training member company or employer that the condition should not prevent that person doing rope access work providing they have access to the required medication.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Be able to read and write English – If another language is required please mention this before booking in order for management to make the necessary arrangements.
- Functioning literacy in English
- Upgrade from level 1 to 2 or level 2 to 3 you will need a Copy of your logbook with >1000 hours / 12 months as a level 1 or level 2 work experience
- If you are upgrading to level 3 you will need a valid first aid certificate
Please contact us for the latest prices on our courses